Palmers Plaster has operated in the Geelong region, (including the Bellarine Peninsula & Surf coast), as well as across Victoria for well over 100 years.
Palmers founder, Mr John Palmer, and his wife sailed from England aboard the ship “Martha Carlton” finally arriving in Melbourne early 1857. Enroute to Australia his wife delivered their daughter whilst the ship was rounding the Cape of Good Hope. John and his wife named Martha in honour of the ship’s name.
John Palmer started out in Geelong as a builder and plaster manufacturer, and a short time later handed his trade to his three sons. One of those descendants George Palmer is pictured with his sons Ted and Ken (pictured). Although none of the original Palmer family are still involved in the business, the Palmer name, professional approach and commitment to quality workmanship lives on today.
Palmers Plaster has a proud history in Geelong. In the early years, the company was the sole manufacturer of Fibrous Plaster sheeting in the region, and today the old side tipping tables where Palmers the first plaster sheets were handmade, are still in existence - heritage listed in Geelong West.
Palmers Plaster recognised today as one of the leading Plastering companies in Geelong and region.